Episode 13: Dr. Jessica Eastman - How to optimize our sleep for better health, memory, and cognitive function
Dr. Jessica Eastman, a Naturopathic Doctor practicing in Vancouver, BC makes her second appearance on the podcast. Check out Episode 9 for her first visit.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- · Stage 1 of the sleep cycle (2:58)
- · Stage 2 of the sleep cycle – memory consolidation and synaptic pruning (5:20)
- · Stage 3 of the sleep cycle – Healing, growth and repair (13:25)
- · Stage 4 of the sleep cycle – REM sleep (16:30)
- · How stress impacts the sleep cycle (22:28)
- · Brain networks and how they affect cognitive function and energy (24:44)
- · How not getting optimal sleep affects our health (38:25)
- · Optimal sleep times and why they matter (44:15)
- · The optimal time for exercise (50:00)
- · How to maximize growth hormone (55:20)
- · How sleep affects our appetite and weight (104:17)
- · Indicators of optimal sleep (111:15)
For more information visit www.drjessicaeastman.com and @drjessicaeastmannd on Instagram and Facebook.